Ofsted Inspectors visited our school In June 2013. The results of their findings gave Morningside a ‘good’ grading. The inspectors were pleased to say that:
- Standards in English and mathematics have significantly improved and are now close to national averages.
- Pupils’ achievement is good. A small minority are making outstanding progress in their learning.
- Pupils’ behaviour is good. They enjoy school and the improved quality of lessons. There are good measures to engage pupils and sustain good behaviour.
- The quality of teaching is good. Teachers have high aspirations for pupils and are determined to ensure they achieve well.
- Children achieve well in the Early Years Foundation Stage. They make good progress from their generally low starting points.
- The headteacher and the senior team are passionate and relentless in their pursuit of good-quality teaching. The speed of change has been remarkable and has ensured pupils now learn well.
- Members of the Interim Executive Board are ambitious for the school’s future. They have been excellent in steering the direction of the school. There are good transition arrangements to the new governing body.
- Strong partnership work with external providers has contributed extremely well to the good achievement and teaching.
The full report can be downloaded below: